1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Rode a snowmobile and an ATV. So much fun on both!! Oh .. and dropped the motorcycle. And yea, it is just as painful as you might imagine .. on many levels!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Mostly. Failed on the quitting smoking .. but lost 60+ lbs. I count it as a win.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Kinda. Had an abortion in July. Which was kind of a big deal, because I was told I would never be able to get pregnant, ever, due to health issues. Then wound up pregnant ... and had to make the difficult decision to terminate because attempting to carry to term was a 1 in 8 chance of death on my part, and a silly percentage of complications, including death to infant, and significant birth defects. This was the year that I got confirmation that my "girl parts" have declared war on my body and soul.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just my own .. but spent time in a state I've never been in for any significant time before and had a blast! (Philadelphia, PA for a good friend's wedding)
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A car that is road trip worthy. Would like to have spent more time visiting my out of state, and out of country, friends.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Aside from the utter fail at being a woman ... not having more excess money.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Aside from my girl-parts declairing jihad on the rest of me .. I remained major injury free.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Can't say in mixed company ;)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Brian. He is now, and always will be, the awesome.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My mother. Her reaction to my situation in July made me so angry I couldn't talk to her for a few months. And when I re-opened communication, it was to tell her how hurt and disappointed I was in how she reacted to my decision.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off medical bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Learning new skills ... riding a snowmobile for the first time .. riding an ATV for the first time .. both were super fun!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
A little sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
About the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Asking important questions ... like .. what are we, exactly? Friends who fuck? Dating?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Asking the circular questions of woulda, coulda, shoulda.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Up north, with Brian's family
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I wouldn't say I fell in love because I was already there .. but hearing that someone else say it to me like they meant it ... priceless.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not sure ... have a lot of stuff that I found that is fun, but nothing life changing
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
A pregnancy that was safe to carry to term
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 38 .. had sushi dinner with friends, and it involved cake! First time in years I've had cake on my birthday.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having the answer to the question I've been too afraid to ask.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
34. What kept you sane?
If I say alcohol .. does that make me an alcoholic?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None really .. I don't generally lust after things I have no hope of obtaining.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Woman's issues. Get your government and opinions out of my body. You don't know my situation, you have no right to tell me what decision I am allowed to make.
37. Who did you miss?
My friends who either moved to, or live in, other states. Since my car is crap, I haven't been able to raod trip to visit them.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Kristin - who can't love another biker chick who loves theater!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Just because you can't be the best mommy on the planet doesn't mean you can't be the best auntie ever!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"All I need is speed .. how fast can it go .. can it get me .. zero to 60 .. can it outrun his memory .. all I really need .. is an open road .. and a whole lot of speed"
Tags: 1. what did you do in 2011 that you'd ne